Ive been reading blogs for the past 1/2 hour and it looks like everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
We had a bit of sad news come our way Christmas Eve! Around 6pm, if I can remember correct my dad got a call from his neighbor saying that his house (my fathers) was on fire! So him and Jason hopped in his car and drove over to my dads house which is 40 miles south of us. I was scared out of my mind because I was stuck home with the kids and had NO idea what was happening!
When they got there the fire was out thanks to the East Pembroke Fire Dept.
It had started in his bedroom with a space heater, taking the bedroom, bathroom and entry way. The rest of the house has major smoke damage, and will need to be completely gutted.
He was renting the upstairs apt out to a nice couple who fortunetly were NOT home during the fire. They also will loose everything to smoke damage.
As of this morning the electrician was there to cut power to the part of the house that burned to they can turn power on to the rest.
The cleaning company was there removing carpets, drywall, ceiling…anything that was ruined by the fire and the water. Once they have that all removed they will remove the furniture and small stuff to see what can be cleaned and salvaged and what can not.
The Red Cross has put my father up in a hotel room. THANK GOD he was at my house when this happened and not in his bedroom sleeping!
We went over yesterday so I could take pictures for his insurance and it is awful! EVERYTHING about this is just terrible, the smells, the way it looks.
I just shake my head because I cant fathom why or how this happened to us, my family simply can NOT take anymore.
In spite of this all, the kids had a great Christmas and they got to see “Papas” house and the damage that fire can do.
This picture is the entry way in from his garage at the opposite end of the house from where the actual fire was. ALL smoke damage!
This is his dining room and sun room. Notice the hardwood floors?
Here you can see where the little carpet was.
Spices on his stove that were melted. The fire was NO WHERE near the kitchen!
Bathroom that was destroyed
Bedroom, where the fire started!
UGH, as Im sitting here posting these I am getting sick to my stomach!
I know most of you are thinking, at least nobody got hurt and these are only “things” that were lost, which is fine! I totally agree with you! But, the past 3 years my family has had to deal with too many tragedies during the months of Nov and Dec and I have simply lost all faith! And I kinda feel like I deserve to feel the way I AM feeling about this right now without feeling guilty!!
I hope you can understand that.