Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Americana Flag Floor


When we bought our house it had the old ugly green carpets throughout and the marble looking walls in the bathroom so we ripped up ALL of the carpets and the ENTIRE bathroom. I painted my bathroom floor a prim flag and we did a faux hardwood floor in the rest of the house. My husband scored the plywood with a circular saw and I stained and poly'd - youde never know it wasnt real hardwood flooring. In this pic the walls arent finished but I painted them the same red as the floor and accessorized with prim americana decor!
(the lines really are straight, for some reason they look curvy in the pic)

Since painting the floor in 2002 it has chipped, bubbled and come up ALOT and will need to be redone SOON because of the moisture, but I did get 6 yrs out of it:)

2 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Jenn, you know I have ALWAYS loved your bathroom floor! I think it's great that you got 6 years out of it. Now it's just a distressed version! LOL!

Barb said...

I'm so glad I came across your blog. I'm thinking of painting my bathroom floor to look like a colonial floor cloth. Yours looks great. Thanks for reinforcing my idea:)