Thursday, April 22, 2010

Still dont know much, but know a little more than I did yesterday!

That make sense?

So, I had my ultrasound this morning at 9:15am. This was a long one, very long. She checked both kidneys, as she was focusing on the right one I could actually see the cyst. The radiologist wasnt happy with the size of the cyst because of my age so he ordered an immediate CTscan. Of course we had to wait for approval from the insurance, TWO hours later! UGH, I hate waiting!

I had the contrast dye, what a weird feeling that is! After the test we went into the radiologists office and he went over the films with us. Not only is there a good sized gall stone that will hopefully just stay put and not cause me any trouble. The cyst is attached the bottom of my kidney. This thing is SO big that ya cant even see the kidney.

He thinks it may be an obstruction of some type and said the Urologist will probably want to go in with a scope! JOY!!

I think I know how thats done and the ONLY way Im doing it is if Im out or heavily sedated! No, no and no!!

For some reason my phone is out today and I see the Dr called early this afternoon, unfortunetly I cant get into my voice mail to get his message or call him to see what he thinks. We had new windows and the house weatherized yesterday and today and I think when they were foaming the basement they hit the phone line because I still have the internet.

So Im a little irritated that I cant hear the msg from the Dr right now!

On the way home we stopped at that yard sale again and I picked up 4 crates, a gameboard and 2 more dolls for $13 total. So that was a good thing to a really crummy day!

Thank you again for all of your t's, p's and comments:)


AMBPrimitives said...

Sounds like you had a long day!!!! Sorry your going thru all this.Hope you get your phone working again soon.But at least you go some goodies at the yardsale.Keep your chin up Hugs Maria

Beth At Mehitable Puddington's Cupboard said...

Boy, what a nerve wracking experience. I hope you get through this with as little anxiety and uncomfortableness as possible.
You have a great sense of humor! I'm sure it will serve you well in the days to come. Hang in there. :)

basketsnprims said...

Hopefully things will get taken care of soon & that it's nothing terribly serious. In my prayers, kiddo.

Andy said...

Hang in there :) Hope you get your phone going again soon! Keeping you in my thoughts - and prayers!

Susannah said...

Hi Jen, That was a long day! Let's hope you find out soon what they are going to do and then..get it over with! You are in my prayers. God bless you!


Carmen C. said...

Sending ((BIG HUGS)) and prayers your way for a quick resolution and speedy recovery!

basketsbyrose said...

Hope the message from the Doctors is all good news!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Jenn, I feel for you, it must have felt like you were in there forever!! I pray it will all be taken care of quickly and you will heal quickly. God Bless my friend!!~HUGS~Wendy

Hayley @ Prim it Up! said...

So glad you had yard sale therapy to help you get through the day! :) Wish I was closer!!!

At Home With Amy said...

What an exhausting and frustrating day you have had. Glad you got some relief yard sale shopping. Let us know when you have more information on what is next for you when you get your messages.
Praying for you still,

PrimWyoGirl said...

Well, at least they have been able to see what is actually going on. I feel for you! What an awful experience! I hope you can get the dr's message soon! Can you get to another phone and call back in? Hopefully they can take care of this very soon so you feel much better! I think I would go back to that wonderful yardsale again too!
Hugs! Jayne

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Doing what you did makes one exhausted!
I hope you can get the information you want soon and get this all taken care of.
Oh, I too would elect to be SEDATED.


Gettysburg Homestead said...

Hang in there sista!!! The scope is not as bad as you think. I've had 2 or 3 of them. Everything will be fine I just know it.


carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Jenn, Still no phone? I hope you have been able to get your doc's message by now.
Praying for you as always sweet friend. Hugs!